My Sunday Prayer
As I feed my son and get ready to attend mass at the parish we have been frequenting, a thought popped in my head. I pray today for those that are trapped in their little enclaves of the Protestant project. To the people hanging out in mainline churches listening to their "priestess" talk about how to be socially conscious, I pray you find your way to the light. To those in their self-proclaimed "Acts-style" churches sitting on folding chairs in living rooms singing to 45 min acoustic guitar music and waiting to hear a still, small voice tell you what to do or say during the ensuing Bible study, I pray for you to abandon that ridiculous and heretical concept and step into the light. If you are sitting in some 3,000 seat auditorium listening to a lite rock band with a guitarist playing echo effects like he is The Edge in front of 3 giant screens with the same 5 words to the praise choruses being repeated over and over again followed by a 45 min sermon on how to live your best and prosperous life, I pray you find your way out. I'll even go a step further and say empathize with you. I can relate how you got to there. I found myself there for over 30 years. Much of it was really not my fault. However, some of it was. Looking back I see that there were a few chances to exit the Protestant superhighway, but I just didn't understand exactly why and how I would do it. The truth is, it's all a lie. It's not even close to being the same as a Catholic worldview and it certainly is in no means better. In fact, it's much more confusing, difficult, and potentially damming. It's separating man from the sacraments that Our Lord instituted. Peace be with you today!
Comments
Post a Comment