Who am I and why am I here?
I guess I don't really know if anyone will ever read this. And to be honest, I don't really know why I feel compelled to do this. I guess this is my own attempt at therapy. You see, in the past 4 years, my own world has been a little shaken to be honest. I was raised to be anti-Catholic. I was taught to be suspicious of Catholics and that their brand of religion was insincere, shallow, and superstitious. I have a multitude more of adjectives to describe my former feelings on Catholicism if you want them. I would argue now they weren't my feelings, but rather feelings that were force-fed me by probably sincere, but as I've come to learn misguided and actually downright ignorant, arrogant, and delusional people. . . Yep, see, there it is again. . .That boiling anger coming to the surface. . . See, I trusted those people for my spiritual guidance/ growth. . . It's a bitter pill to swallow that they turned out to be so wrong. I feel the ramifications of their overconfident and misguidance everyday. And to think that was actually baptized in the one true church as a child only to be ripped away from her arms and be thrown into the confusing wasteland of Protestantism is sad for me. Maybe someday I will look back fondly on the 30 formulative years I spent as a Missonary Alliance, Baptist, Assembly of God, Non-denominational, home church, Anglican and remember good times. However, now all I see is prideful people pretending to be their own pope. People sitting around having "quiet time" believing that God is just going to come down and guide them directly through His word in way that will tell them every detail without the aid of authority or tradition. My apologies if one of my Anglican brethren has stumbled on this blog and objects to me including them in this group. Sorry, but a "bishop" of a breakaway sect of a breakaway sect equaling 10,000 believers scattered throughout the Eastern United States is hardly part of larger "universal church." And well, judging by my last comment, it looks like I am going to be pretty raw and uncensored here. I guess that is the point right? This is my place in the internet to gripe! I don't want to use my time on Facebook doing that. In my mind, Facebook is a year long Christmas card where I am able to see who is having babies or who's parents have died. I already get frustrated with people who clutter my timeline pretending to be moral agents of vaccinations (both sides here btw: those that spread misinformation about the Covid shots and those that believe vaccination is a new sacrament of modernism and they rush to post their picture to tell others how great they were to get the shot and then brag about how they got all their children vaccinated too.) Twitter is a little more about opinions, but I have started to adhere to the idea that so few characters is the product of a society that is increasingly illiterate. Oh sure, they know how to read, but they are uninterested in really reading anything that takes the time to adequately flesh out any real ideas. They are feasting at the McDonald's of public discourse. So, when it comes time for me to post on this blog, I will shoot from the hip and speak my mind. I will call out those I wish by name. This is my blog chronicling my own journey.
Comments
Post a Comment